- Provide Expert Tutors with teaching and industry experience
- Your Child works 1 on 1 or in a small group with the same tutor each week
- Classes are customised to your child – No robot teaching groups
Our Primary School Tutoring programs provide the following.
- Deliver structured and tailored tutorials focussed on individual learning, either via small group or private lessons
- Refine study skills and memorisation techniques
- Ensure foundations are set by bridging the gaps in schoolwork
- Focus on resilience, responsibility and being proactive to achieve academic results
- Opt to work with a tutor of choice and develop a mentor relationship
Our custom-built inner west tutoring centre in Five Dock is centrally located to provide tutoring and education services for students across the Inner West of Sydney. Located above Alfred Imaging on Great North Road, we have a safe pickup and drop off point and side street access (Rodd Road) for our students and ease of parking.
At Brainfood education we ensure that all our tutors are familiar with the objectives and outcomes for each course they teach, adhering to the standards set by the NSW Board of Education and infusing our lessons with activities designed to review and challenge these core standards. Many times, students come to us after simply missing a few days of school and consequently missing a whole topic or skill set. With such a robust curriculum set for our schools there is often no time to go back and review those missing skills and that’s where tutoring can really make a difference for your child.
Exam & Assignment Preparation
For our primary students, with regular tutoring and revision activities we don’t expect a significant need for exam preparation. Our tutors have a range of exam resources to access and can work with students on a regular basis to desensitise the exam process and identify areas of weakness. For NAPLAN years, preparation and testing is included in regular tutoring classes.
For assignment preparation, if a student needs assistance they are encouraged to ask for help or bring in drafts for review, however given the nature of assignments in the primary school curriculum this is not overly necessary.
Our approach to homework is simple. Students already receive plenty of homework from school, therefore unless specifically requested we set revision activities only for home. Teaching our students quality techniques for organising and revising key english and mathematics skills will significantly assist with retaining key information and transitioning to high school.
Primary School Tutoring Programs
What makes us different?
- Help build self-confidence and a positive attitude
- Teach organisation & preparation skills for life beyond school and the HSC
- Focus on enjoying learning, not just memorising answers
Tutoring to suit your child and budget
Meet Our Tutors
- Expert Tutors who not only know their subjects but love teaching them.
- English Tutors studying English Literature, Science Tutors studying to be doctors, Maths Tutors studying advanced mathematics, Legal Studies Tutors studying to be lawyers… The list goes on.
- All have achieved 90+ ATAR’s and have gone on to study or work in their chosen fields.
- Incredible personalities and great knowledge in their chosen subjects.
- No Robot tutors teaching content by rote, our students walk away with real knowledge, not memorised answers.
- All tutors are committed to helping your child love learning not just survive school.
Success in life, Not just School
Whatever your motivation for exploring Primary School tutoring it can help your child keep up, catch up or get ahead in class. School is a lot more competitive nowadays and more often than not an extra bit of tutoring will help. If we don’t feel your child will benefit from tutoring or feel alternate avenues should be explored we will be upfront and tell you.
The lessons we learn at school have long term effects. Organisation, critical thinking, creative flair, time management and the discipline to finish what we start, are key to success in tertiary study and a future career. By teaching these concepts at an early age, along with memory techniques and tools to manage stress and anxiety, we are setting our children up to achieve the best they can. School is not the end of learning, and if we get the foundations right for our students we can bring back the love of learning, and inspire our next generation of leaders.